Interesting Facts About Laser Hair Removal
The hair on your head is something to be proud of. However, when it comes to hair growing from other parts of your body, you may get a little self-conscious about being overly hairy.
When considering something as critical as permanent hair reduction for your body, it pays to study up. The more you learn about the procedures, the more at ease you are likely to be about your decision, with an in-depth understanding of whether or not it is the right call for you.
More About Permanent Hair Removal
Permanent hair removal is a specialized treatment that offers a more permanent approach to removing hair in different areas of your body. This procedure works by sending beams of light through the pigment in the hairs in your skin. The light is turned into heat, which then destroys the hairs on your skin.
At Laser Genesis in Atlanta, many of the people who come in for hair removal are those wishing to take a break from other hair-removing alternatives like shaving, trimming, waxing, to mention a few.
While there is nothing wrong with seeking a permanent solution for your hairy situation, you need to analyze the benefits and risks that can come from such a decision.
Fast Facts About Permanent Hair Removal
Some of the crucial facts you should know about this method of removing hair permanently include the following:
- Shave before your procedure – the heat produced during the procedure reacts negatively with the hairs on the surface of your skin. Specialists recommend shaving the hairs about 24 hours before your hair reduction session. While at it, avoid waxing, tweezing, or using electric trimmers. The best way of getting rid of the surface hairs before your session is through typical shaving.
- Some pain is expected – this technique is not entirely pain-free. However, it does not mean that you are subjected to intense pain levels. Instead, you can expect a sharp pain in the area of focus. However, it is quick pain. Your attendant will introduce different ways to help with the discomfort, including cooling mechanisms, as well as numbing creams for specific areas of your skin.
- One procedure is not enough – for the desired results, you have to be patient with the process. Your attending specialist will recommend between 8 and 12 sessions to fully get rid of the hairs right from the roots thereof.
- The sun is not good for such procedures as this – tanning or sunbathing is not good for your skin right before your hair reduction session. Your attending practitioner will ask you to let the tan fade, checking the health of your skin before your next hair removal appointment.
- The procedure doesn’t always work for everyone – although on very rare occasions, this method of removing hair can trigger more hair growth, causing it to be longer and thicker than before. This is why you need to consult a dermatologist about your skin and hair situation, to determine whether or not you are a suitable candidate for hair removal through this process.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
As you schedule an appointment at Medspa in Atlanta, GA, consider the following benefits of this method of removing hair:
- Avoiding ingrown hairs – if you are particularly susceptible to ingrown hairs, getting your hairs permanently removed might help you escape them. Ingrown hairs can be very painful, even causing infections in some sensitive areas of your skin.
- Reducing hyperpigmentation – the entire process of frequently trimming your hair increases the hyperpigmentation of the skin. This is especially the case for people with deep skin tones. If you are working to sort out your hyperpigmentation issues, perhaps all your skin needs is a permanent solution for the ever-growing hairs.
- Clearer and smoother skin – you will notice an improvement in the smoothness of your skin. When hairs have been removed from your skin, the surface will be clear and feel smoother than before.
- Precision – a practitioner will focus on a particular area of your skin that requires hair removal, leaving the rest of your skin untouched and undamaged.
- It is effective – based on the procedures done on other people, there is a certain predictability that can be identified about the effectiveness of this procedure. After about 7 sessions or more, you will realize the desired results you want.